Ar fáil faoin gceadúnas Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Nóta: Ní fada go mbeidh Comhéadan Feidhmchláir XML dúchas.ie dímholta agus API úrnua cuimsitheach JSON ar fáil. Coimeád súil ar an suíomh seo le haghaidh breis eolais.
Ar an leathanach seo
- 1 The shortest way home is often the longest way round.
2 It must have come out of the ark. (Often said to something very old.
3. Lost the ship for a haporth of tar.
4. Cows in Connaught wear long horns.
5. O, it's donkey's years since that happened or
He'll be donkey's years doing it.
7. It is as old as the hills.
8. You're gone to glory.
9. He is as fast as a hare.
10. A bird in your hand is better than two in the bush.
11. Your as tight as twopence.
12. You must catch your hare before you can cook it.
13. As sure as a river never flowed up hill you'll never do it.
14. Your as fit as a fiddle.
15. Your as right as ninepence.
16 Your as tight as an eel's waistcoat.
17. He'd skin an eel for it hide an fat.
18 If the first of March falls on a Sunday the crows will not build their nest until Monday.
19 You're as stiff as a poker.(leanann ar an chéad leathanach eile)Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.
- Mr Carter
- Gairm bheatha
- Farmer (Léirítear teidil na ngairmeacha i mBailiúchán na Scol sa bhunteanga inar cláraíodh iad)
- Dún Droma, Co. Thiobraid Árann