Ar fáil faoin gceadúnas Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Nóta: Ní fada go mbeidh Comhéadan Feidhmchláir XML dúchas.ie dímholta agus API úrnua cuimsitheach JSON ar fáil. Coimeád súil ar an suíomh seo le haghaidh breis eolais.
Ar an leathanach seo
- (ar lean ón leathanach roimhe)Economy Boarding School, and also a large Orphanage.Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.
- This school was built in 1824 by an aunt of Earl de Montalt for the children of all the tenants and servants on the Dundrum Estate. The present schoolroom and the room which is now used as a Court House were both filled for a number of years. The landlord paid the teacher and he had the residence as well as the grass of a cow and other perquisites.
No records of the school during this period are available. When the land troubles started, and the tenants went into the Land Courts to get high rents reduced, the landlord and his family were displeased. They thought that the Dundrum tenants should not have gone to court In retaliation the school was closed.
The protestants of Dundrum, having no school for their children, erected a wooden building in the churchyard, and that was opened under the National Board in August 1889.
The landlord turned the schoolrooms and teacher's(leanann ar an chéad leathanach eile)Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.