Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- The old people are always judging the weather, especially when they have an important job on hand, such as gathering or saving the crops. Some people who suffer from rheumatics, will always say "it is going to rain, when their pains attack them.
1. To see a cat scraping a tree, or sitting with her back to the fire is a sign of rain.
2. The dogs eat grass very [?], and drinks water when rain is coming.
3. A circle far away from the sun is supposed to be a sign of rain.
4. To see the stars at night glittering very hard, It is a sure sign of a frosty night and day.
5. When you see glittering rays from the sun it is a sign of rain.
6. On a nice night the sky is always full of stars, but if it is going to be a wet night, the stars never make the appearance.
7. When the wind comes from the North, it is a sign of either frost or snow.
8. South wind is always for rain.
9. North wind on a November morning is a sign of a cold frosty winter.
10. When wild geese land in our country is a sign of winter and when the fly over the house it is a sign of snow and hardship.
11. To see sheep pucking and cattle ruinning through the field is a sign of a storm.(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.