Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- 1. A cure for a sore throat is to roast salt and out it into a Stocking and tie it around your throat at night.
2. A cure for a headache is to put your nose over a cup of tea and sniffle it in.
3. The seventh son or daughter of a family can cure ringworm.
4. If a person had the thrush or chincough and visit holy wells and if they said prayers and make a promise to do some good act they would be cured.
5. The cure for a wart is if you get a black snail without looking for it and rub it on the wart and then hang the snail on a thorny bush and while the snail is withering away the wart is withering also.
6. A cure for sore eyes is to bathe them with black tea.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.