Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- 1.The cure for a tooth ache is to put the finger of a dead person on the sore tooth.
2. The cure for a burn is to lick a mankeeper.
3.The cure for sore eyes is to rub black tea on them every night.
4. The cure for a sore throat is throatwort a plant which is like a throat.
5. The cure for palsy is the cowslip.
6. The cure for a stye is to pull ten gooseberries thorns and throw away nine and point the stye.
7. Erysipelas is cured by a protestant with Herb
8. The cure for ring worm is done by the seventh son, or daughter but the worm must be put in the child's hand after it is born.
9.The cure for rheumatism is to visit the sweat house.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.