Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (1) A cure for a sore throat is to toast salt and put it into a stocking and tie it around your throat at night.
(2) A cure for a headache is to put your nose over a cup of tea and sniff it in.
(3) The seventh son or daughter of a family can cure ringworm.
(4) If a person had the thruoh or chincough and visit holy well and if they said prayers and make a promise to do some good act they will be cured.
(5) The cure for a wart is if you get a black nail without looking for it and rub it on the wart and then hand the snail on a thorny bush and while the snail is withering away the wart is withering also.
(6) A cure for sore eyes is to bathe them with black tea.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.