Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- About the year 1800 Kilcoleman Castle, Kilcoleman, Co. Cork was occupied by the Coleman's - Landlords of several adjacent townlands at that time. About three hundred yards from the Castle there was a graveyard.Some thirty years later - 1830 or so - the Colemans divided up the land and left the Castle unoccupied so that after a number of years it went to ruin.The Colemans lived in Dublin for about twenty years and in the meantime sold the Townloads of Kilcoleman, Fairy Hill and [?] to the O'Connells of Dublin, cousin of Doctor Barry, Castlepark, Kanturk, Co. Cork.The graveyard is well enclosed from all trespassers. Persons were buried there up to 1878. The last person to be interred there was a near friend of a Mr. Crawford, Castlepark, Kanturk, who sold his place to Mr Priestly about forty one years ago. This Mr Priestly is living there up to the present day.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.