Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- 1. If you break a looking-glass you will have seven years bad luck.
2. If you hear a dog crying it is a sign of death in the neighbour-hood.
3. If you break ware on Monday you will be breaking them for the week.
4. If you sit upon a table you will never get married.
5. If you stoop under a ladder you will never grow again.
6. If your ear or cheek is red it is a sign that you will get a beating.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- One day there were a couple of girls going to school, and they had to pass a fort. An old woman came out of the fort and called one of the little girls and brought her in, and the old woman put her rocking the child. When evening came(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.