Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- 1. Toast-water is a cure for vomiting.
2. The lining of a hens gizzard dried and made into powder, and swallowed in some drink also stops vomiting.
3. The white of an egg is good for a burn.
4. If you caught a lizzard with a silk handkerchief, and licked him three times you would have a cure for a burn for ever.
5. Boil the flowers of red clover for cancer.
6. Wash and boil the roots of the daisies for heart trouble.
7. Get a white turnip, cut it up, put a pound of brown sugar over it, leave until morning and drink for heart trouble.
8. Broom for diabetes.
9. To drink the water off the top of a cow-dung. every morning for the heart.
10. Ivy leaves for a sore head.
11. The bark of an elm tree for burns.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.