Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- 1. If you are sure of good luck always carry a bit of wood in your pocket.
2. If two hens were fighting outside the door that is a sign that there is a stranger coming to the house.
3. You should not pay out money on a Monday or remove to a new house.
4. You should not cut your toe nails on a Friday.
5. You should not marry in the month of May.
6. You should not take out a spark of fire on a butter-making day.
7. You should never put on your left shoe first because you would have bad luck for the day.
8. You should never give out milk on May morning.
9. To spill salt would be bad luck.
10. Always burn egg shells for to throw them away would be bad luck.
11. If you were going on a journey to meet a black cat you would have good luck.(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.