Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- 1. Q. Riddle me riddle me randio. My father gave me some seeds to sow. The seeds were black, and the ground was white. Riddle me that if you are any-way bright.
A. Pen, ink and paper.
2. Q. Headed like a thimble, tailed like a rat, you may guess for ever but you will never guess that.
A. A pipe
3. Q. Father, and mother, sister and brother, always running but can never catch up to one another.
A. The wheels of a motor-car.
4. Q. The man that made it never wore it, and the man that wore it never saw it.
A. A coffin.
5. Q. 'Tis as round as a marble, 'tis as deep as a cup and all the king's horses couldn't pull it up.
A. A spring well.
6. Q. 'Tis as red as blood, and blood it isn't. 'Tis as white as snow, and snow it isn't. 'Tis as black as ink and ink it isn't. 'Tis as green as grass, and grass it isn't. What is it?
A. A blackberry.(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.