Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- 1. For extracting a needle or a thorn out of a person's hand or leg. A fox's tongue.
2. A disease craos-galar is cured by the breath of a posthumous child or the breath of a white gander.
3. The chin-cough is cured by using the leavings of a ferret's milk or by asking a person with a white horse what would cure it.
4. A plant called Hunko found growing in the walls of old ruins or old bridges is a cure for decline or what is now called tuberculosis.
5. A plant called cumphry is used for sprains.
6. Potato water is used for swelling.
7. A plant called march mallous used for all kinds of sores, and can also be used for a drink.
8. A plant called slántús used for healing.
9. A plant called eye-bright used for clearing the eyes.
10. A fairy thimble and Foughuron is(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.