Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- 1. If you met a red-haired woman first thing in the morning you should turn back and start your journey afresh, or you'll have bad luck for the day.
2. Loose earthe falling in from the sides of a newly-made grave means a second and a speedy death in the family.
3. A limp corpse wil soon beget another corpse.
4. When anybody in the house dies immediately stop the clock. Never under any circumstances wind a clock while a wake is in progress.
5. Never give away milk or butter on a May Day. If you do all your calves will die.
6. Pss by 9 doors of a November Eve and throw a grain of rice at each doras and at the 9th you'll hear the name of your future man.
7. Never pass a bright pin without picking it up.
8. On the wedding morning make sure that the Bride gets in the church before the Bridegroom(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.