Ar fáil faoin gceadúnas Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Nóta: Ní fada go mbeidh Comhéadan Feidhmchláir XML dúchas.ie dímholta agus API úrnua cuimsitheach JSON ar fáil. Coimeád súil ar an suíomh seo le haghaidh breis eolais.
Ar an leathanach seo
- 1. If your cheek or ear is hot, it is a sign that you are to get a beating.
2. You should never refuse alms to a poor woman during Christmas because it might be the Blessed Virgin.
3. On a night of thunder you should always put out the cats and dogs, as their fur draws the lightning, and you should also cover the glass and windows.
4. If a butter-fly comes into the house you should not put him out because it is the sign of good luck.
5. If you got a horse shoe in the road you should pick it up because it is the sign of good luck.
6. If the cock crows during the night, it is a sign that someone is going to die.
7. If your tooth falls out you should bless yourself with it and throw it over your shoulder.
8. You should never pass the church without praying for the poor souls.
9. If you are out late on May night you would get a stroke.
10. If you pick flowers and bring them into the house(leanann ar an chéad leathanach eile)Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.
- Patrick Moriarty
- Os cionn 80