Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- 1. If your cheek or ear is hot, it is a sign that you are to get a beating.
2. You should never refuse alms to a poor woman during Christmas because it might be the Blessed Virgin.
3. On a night of thunder you should always put out the cats and dogs, as their fur draws the lightning, and you should also cover the glass and windows.
4. If a butter-fly comes into the house you should not put him out because it is the sign of good luck.
5. If you got a horse shoe in the road you should pick it up because it is the sign of good luck.
6. If the cock crows during the night, it is a sign that someone is going to die.
7. If your tooth falls out you should bless yourself with it and throw it over your shoulder.
8. You should never pass the church without praying for the poor souls.
9. If you are out late on May night you would get a stroke.
10. If you pick flowers and bring them into the house(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Patrick Moriarty
- Over 80