Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)5. You should never open an umbrella inside in the house.
6. You should never go into a field on May Eve.
7. If the first person you meet New Year's morning is foxy you will have bad luck for the year.
8. If you break a Looking-Glass inside in the house it will bring you bad luck for seven year's.
9. If your cheek or your ear is very warm it is a sign you're going to get a beating.
10. If you hear a donkey screeching it is a sign there's a tinker dead.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- We have no churn for we have no cow, but Mrs. Duffy next door has a churn, it is about a foot high and about a foot wide and the sides are round. It is about twenty years old. The various parts of the churn are the handle and the cover. There is no mark on the churn.
In winter it takes an hour to make(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.