Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)you would get a stroke from the fairies.
11. You should never visit a grave-yard during May.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- 1. For Consumption the flowers of the gorse.
2. For Maggots the flower of broom-seeds.
3. For a sty, cold black tea, or a thorn of a goose-berry bush.
4. For a whitlow, heated cow-dung.
5. For a drop or a bruise, a hot poultice of meal or brean.
6. For warts, fat meat, to heat it to the fire, and to bury it yourself.
7. For a cold, boiled milk and onions and a pinch of pepper, or sugar and pepper.
8. For to draw a thorn put fat meat to it.
9. For a sore toe, shake a pinch of yellow meal on it.
10. For a running ear, a piece of clean wool, or whiskey.
11. For Consumption, Dandelion.
12. For a cut, cobwebs.
13. For a burn, soda, or the yolk of an egg.
14. For sun-burns, sour-milk or cream.
15. For a burn of a nettle, a dock-leaf.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.