Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
1. If you walk under a ladder you will never grow.
2. If you break a mirror you will have bad luck for seven years.
3. If you put an umbrella over your head inside a house you will never grow.
4. If you cut your hair on a Monday you will have a pain in your head until it grows the same length again.
5. If a child is born with a "[?]" is it supposed to be very lucky, captains of ships pay u to £300 for a [?] because it is supposed to save the ship from every danger.
6. If you sit on a table you will never get married.
7. If you hear the cuckoo before summer begins, you will have bad luck until Winter comes.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.