Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)her, she runs until the other girl would catch her.
3. Skipping = Two girls catch a rope, and turn it, and one or more girls would skip in under it.
4. Nut-cracking = In the Autumn evenings when the children are coming from school they climb the trees and gather nuts. When they are gathered they amuse themself cracking them, and trying to break the shells. When they arrive from school it is dark.
5. Blackberry-picking = When the children arrive from school on the Autumn evenings they eat their dinner, and do their lessons. When lessons are over they go blackberry-picking through the fields, or on the roads. When their cans are full they return home. Some of them make blackberry-jam, and others eat them.
6. Four Corner Fool = Four girls would stand in a corner each, and one girl in the middle. She(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.