Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- 1. If you broke a glass you'd have seven years bad luck.
2. If you cut your hair on Monday it would not grow any more.
3. If you gave out money on Monday you would be giving it out for the week.
4. If you walked under a ladder you would not grow any bigger.
5. If there is a lot of dogs crying at night it is a sign that there is someone dead.
6. If you lost a tooth, you should bless yourself with it, and throw it over you shoulder.
7. If you met a foxy woman when you are going to a fair, you'd have bad luck for the day.
8. If a foxy woman came into the house on New Year's morning, you'd have bad luck for the year.
9. If you were sitting on a chair, and if it fell from under you, it is a sign that you would get married that year.
10. If a donkey was screeching at night it is a sign that a tinker is dead.
11. If there is a tea-leaf on a cup of tea it is a sign that a visitor is going to come to the house.(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.