Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Beannchor Iorrais
- XML Page 252
- XML “Cluichí Páistí - Wall Flowers”
- XML “Cluichí Páistí - Chickens”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)never die, she can dance, she can swing, she can show her wedding ring. Hi, Ho, Harry Ho, turn your back to Paddy Ho. Then some one of the children turns his back to the others and they continue like that until the game is ended.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Chickens is played by about twelve children. One child is called a mother and another is called a Robber. First the Robber makes a fire and the Mother and her chickens asks him.
What are you blowing the fire for?
(Robber) To boil a pot of water.
(Mother) What do you want the water for?
(Robber) To wash bags.
(Mother) What do you want the bags for?
(Robber) To draw sand.
(Mother) What do you want the sand for?
(Robber) To clean knives and forkes.
(Mother) What do want the knives for?(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.