Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Monaghan (Christian Bros.)
- XML Page 216
- XML “Composition - A River”
- XML “Composition - A Lake”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)sunlight they form a lovely sight.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- About a distance of twelve miles from our home there is a beautiful stretch of shimmering water which forms a picturesque lake. This lake which is circular in its appearance covers an area of about one-quarter square mile. The last time I visited this beautiful spot, was about the middle of Summer.
The beautiful archway round to the lake was lines with beautiful tall treess which were clothed with a mantle of green. The sun was shining upon the still, crystal, waters until it shone like gold.
The background of the lake is clothed with evergreens, and these make the scenery more impressive than ever. The waters of the lake are not very deep, but deep enough to carry small boats.
Some-white swans are to be found within its radius and these are to be seen in all kinds of weather.
On the upper side of the lake a small stream wends its way down from the surrounding hills,(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Adelaide Gillanders