Ar fáil faoin gceadúnas Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Nóta: Ní fada go mbeidh Comhéadan Feidhmchláir XML dúchas.ie dímholta agus API úrnua cuimsitheach JSON ar fáil. Coimeád súil ar an suíomh seo le haghaidh breis eolais.
Ar an leathanach seo
- There is an iron mine in this district in the parish of Colmcille. It is situated in the townland of Clenrath in the North West of the parish. It is beside a river. The river divides Smare from Clenrath.
It was last used in the year 1870 and it was worked for 3 1/2 years. The man who opened it was called Doctor Richie and the ganger's name was Vincent. There was a pass made through Clenrath and this is the way it was brought. They used to draw it with asses and creels. The men who worked in that mine were only getting ten shillings a week but it was considered a high payment in those days. When they were drawing the iron ore to the station they used(leanann ar an chéad leathanach eile)Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.