Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Coillte Críotáin
- XML Page 377
- XML “Old Crafts - Spinning and Weaving”
- XML “Old Crafts - Thatching”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- A spinning wheel was a machine used long ago before the present mills were got up. The wool was taken from the sheep and carded into threads and spun into cloth and colowes.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Thatching is carried on in the district. Most of the people are thatchers. They thatch with rods and straw or rods and rushes. They have a mallet to hammer down the rods and a knife to straighten the eve. They also use a ladder to reach the top of(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.