Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- 216. Experience keeps a dear school but fools will learn in no other.
217. Rome was not built in a day.
218. Throw not good money after bad.
219. Never spur a free horse.
220. No smoke without fire.
221. Two heads are better than one.
222. If every thing was done twice nothing would be done wrong.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- 223. When you sea shells guess eggs.
224. The man with wisdom is truly blest.
225. Always take care of the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.