Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: St. Brendan's (C.), Blennerville
- XML Page 070
- XML “In the Penal Times”
- XML “Old Cures”
- XML “The Wife of a Bold Tenant Farmer”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)as well as the horse's ear.
It was carved out on a stone and that is to be seen near Annagh Church.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Toothache. Put salt and soot into the tooth.Headache. Drink salt and water.Warts. Cut nine pieces of fat meat, and every morning when you get up and before you eat heat a piece of the meat to the fire, and then bury it, do that for nine mornings and the warts will go away.Sore-throat. Put a stocking round your neck when going to bed.Sprained leg. Bade in potato water or in cold spring water.Boils. Put a tobacco leaf up to itA cut. Cut a piece of Slanlus and put it up to the cutThrush. Rub honey to your throat for a few times.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- I kindled my pipe and I spit on my stick.(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.