Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Cill Bhriotáin (C.)
- XML Page 311A
- XML “Cos Dubh”
- XML “Uisce na dTrí dTeorainn”
- XML “Craos Galar”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)people say "It is not everyone would like to
pull that. It isn't lucky" It is used as a cure
by those who get a "blast".Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- "Three Bounds Water"The water at the place where three townslands meet cures anything that has been "overlooked" i.e. anything on which an "evil eye" has been cast. The water is sprinkled on the affected animal etc.The person who fetches it must speak to no one on his way to or from the place where the water is, so he takes someone with him who does any talking that may be necessary!"Three bounds Water" has been taken from a spot where the townslands of Meall Meadhon, Gort na h-Eornan and Bárr Liath meet. All three are in the Parish of Kilbrittain.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- A disease which affects the throat - usually in children. A child who has never seen its father, can,(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.