School: Saints Peter & Paul, Balbriggan

Balbriggan, Co. Dublin
Bean Uí Chorcoráin

Filter stories

/ 496 Forward
Resolution: Low | High
Saints Peter & Paul, Balbriggan | The Schools’ Collection

Archival Reference

The Schools’ Collection, Volume 0783, Page 389

Image and data © National Folklore Collection, UCD. See copyright details »

On this page

(no title)

Yeats Field outside Balbriggan. 2 old mill stones....

Yeats Field outside Balbriggan. 1 old mill stones around Couip Road - with its Inn. "The Cork" Bridge Foot Inn" "White Hart" "The Cuckoo."


In Balrothery upto a few years ago could be seen the stone erected to the memory of Patrick Farrell in reputed to have shod King Williams hourse. After battle of the Boyne. and it mentions this on "stone X stone was removed to Protestant Church - but subsequently disappeared (broken) -remained of it old local people say are up against - E Wall of church. Hammer, pincer Horse - glive.

Mr. Daly
The stone can be seen in 2 parts lying near L.H corner of Protestant Church. Farrell died Nov. (1772) 1727 (37 yrs after Boyne) The site of Farrells forge is stilile pointed tin village at Ash tree (Inscription's on Ash tree- P. Anngier)