Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- 1. A cure for rheumatism is to carry the stumps of the nails from the shoe of a chest-nut coloured horse.
2. Carry garlic in the sole of your boot to cure rheumatism.
3. The cure a sprain say a prayer.
4. The cure for ringworm is to rub it with a gold ring round the edge.
5. Pour boiling water on nettles and leave for a few minutes.
Then strain off and drink to cure a cold.
6. Boiled nettle leaves eaten as a vegetable are good for diseases of the blood.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.