Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- 1. Garry's field was so called because it was a man named Garry laboured it.
2. Malam's hill was called after a man named Malam. He had a house built on it about one hundred years ago.
3. The Cherry tree field was so called because there was a small Cherry tree in it.
4. The Graveyard field was so called because there was a small Church and a good many graves in it.
Keelagh, Killeshandra, County Cavan
5. Carriage Bray is so called because there used to be a parade of carriages down it a few times a year.
Deramfield, Drumlane, County Cavan
Tilson's hill was so called(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.