In Connection with:-
1. When a person dies he is laid out on straw and he is washed there
2. All clocks are stopped and all chairs and tables turned up side down.
3. It is an old custom when carrying the coffin out of the house four men of the same name to carry it.
4. The dead person is never left in the room alone.
5. It is an old Custom to leave the snuff and tobacco into the foot of the bed that the dead person is lead out on, and when the snuff is passed around every-body is supposed to take a pinch and say, "The Lord have mercy on the dead". 6. White clay pipes were given to the old people on the day of the funeral but they are hardly ever given now.
7 If a person is killed in an accident he is no brought into the dwelling-house but is laid out in the barn because it is said to bring seven years