Here are some of the many cures in this locality:
1. When you get a burn put salt on it. This prevents the burn from blistering. I always do that when I get a burn.
2. Also when you get a burn if you lick it twice, say "I'm not burned for poor St. Laurance was burned alive." Then say three Hail Mary's.
3. Another cure is to put flour on the burn. This relieves the pain.
4. I am told when I was young I scalded my hand with boiling tea. My Aunt suddenly thought of cow manure. She went out and got it. She put it on the scald. This prevented it from blistering and it cures it also. It is also very cooling to the so scald.
5. Another cure is bread soda. I do not think it is as good as the other cure I have already mentioned.
6. Another cure is whitening mixed with water. If you put this mixture on the born or scald immediately after it happening it will be cured.