1. For cuts. The dust of tea was put into the cut.
2. Another cure for a cut was the application of salt.
3. Yet another cure for cuts was to pour parafin oil in on them.
4. For tooth ache. A frog was held in the mouth for five minutes.
5. For warts. Rub your fasting - spit on each wart for nine mornings in succession.
6. Another cure for warts was to dip the wart in forge-water, once a day for nine days.
7. A cure for a sty in the eye was to point a gooseberry thorn at it for nine mornings after each other.
8. Another cure for a sty was to rub the wedding ring of a person who was not related to you, against it for seven days.
9. A seventh son has a cure for farsey in horses and ringworms, while a seventh son of a seventh son has a cure for certain diseases in people.
Co. WicklowSally Tipper,