Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- Gathered by Patrick Keogh Clonoghill Taughmaconnell.
1. Ink ank under the bank, ten drawing four.
Answer. A woman milking a cow.
2. In the wood I got it, I sat down and fought it and against my will I brought it.
Answer. A thorn in the foot.
3. What is the smallest bird walks?
Answer. A williwag tail.
4. Why does a dog wag his tail?
Answer. Because the tail can't wag him.
5. What is the shyest thing in the house?
Answer. A clock because it always has its hands on its face.
6. As I looked out my Grandfather's window I saw thirty little devils scraping up the ground.
Answer. A harrow.
7. Little red Nancy with little white coat the longer she lives the shorter she grows.
Answer. Candle.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- As gathered Mary Downey age 13 1/2 of Clonoghill Taughmaconnell Ballinasloe.
1. Eight arms a wooden leg and cannot stand, a dress of silk a belt round the middle. Can you guess this funny riddle.
Answer. An umbrella.(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.