1. To see the cat sit closely to the fire is a sign of coldness.
2. If you see the dog eating grass you may be expecting plenty of rain.
3. When you see the sheep lying close to a ditch you may be awaiting a great storm of rain, wind and snow.
4. To hear the ducks quack loud it is a sign of rain.
5. When you see the geese flying about a raging wind-storm is in store.
6. When the day is very hot it is a sign of rain.
7. When the hills look near it is a sign of rain.
8. When the stones of an out-house get damp it is also a sign of rain.
9. "When the north winds does blow"
"We shall have snow".
10. When you see a rainbow it is the sign of rain.
11. Seagulls flying inland is a sign of a sea-storm.
12. When the sea looks blue its a sign of good weather.
13. If you see a thick mist in summer it is a sign of heat.
14. When the cat claws at leg of a table is a sign of rain.
- Cornelius Mac Cauley
- Dennis Bradley
- Carndonagh, Co. Donegal