Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- Gathered by James Mannion, Castlesampson, Athlone.1. What is the last part of a cow going out a gap.
Answer The tracks of her hooves.
2. His mother was French. His father was German. He died in America and was brought to Australia. What was he.
Answer A corpse.
3. As I went out a gap I met my uncle Thady I cut off his head and left his body easy.
Answer A head of cabbage.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Gathered by Michael Moore Kilkenny Taughmaconnell Ballinasloe.1. The King of Morocco had a ship 'an' in the ship his lady sits, 'an' I'd be blamed to tell her name 'an' that's three times I've told it.
2. As I looked out the window I saw the dead carrying the live.
Answer A train.(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.