Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Hewetson, Clane
- XML Page 003
- XML “Prosperous, Co. Kildare”
- XML “St Patrick's Well (near Donadea)”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- In the village of Prosperous may be seen the ruins of a house, which was occupied by a garrison of British soldiers during the Rebellion of 1798. It is said that the Irish set fire to the building & burned them all alive.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Near Donadea, Co Kildare, there is a well called after St. Patrick. It is at the bottom of the " Green Hill " . At this well St. Patrick baptised the people. Over the well there hangs a haw-bush and it is surrounded by stones. It is said that many years ago a woman lived near the well, by which she prayed(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.