Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Hewetson, Clane
- XML Page 003
- XML “Prosperous, Co. Kildare”
- XML “St Patrick's Well (near Donadea)”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- You are not logged in, but you are welcome to contribute a transcription anonymously. In this case, your IP address will be stored in the interest of quality control.By clicking the save button you agree that your contribution will be available under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License and that a link to dúchas.ie is sufficient as attribution.
- Near Donadea, Co Kildare, there is a well called after St. Patrick. It is at the bottom of the " Green Hill " . At this well St. Patrick baptised the people. Over the well there hangs a haw-bush and it is surrounded by stones. It is said that many years ago a woman lived near the well, by which she prayed(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.