Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)7. The ingredients for Potato bread are, cold boiled mashed potatoes, flour, and a little salt to flavour.
8. Water is added to knead Oaten bread, and milk is added to knead, Wheaten bread.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- 1. Money was not always given for goods as some of the goods was bartered and some were in exchange for labour.
2. Long ago Saturday was an unlucky day to buy goods, and Friday was a lucky day.
3. Shops were very uncommon in olden days, and people had to purchase in the nearest town which was sometimes a long distance away.
4. On Sundays, trade was carried on after Mass but this is not done now. Long ago, people could get any groceries such as bread, butter, soap, matches, tobacco etc., after Mass on Sunday.
5. "Boots" was a term used in trading as "How much(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.