Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)14. When a white ring is round the moon that is the sign of a storm.
15. When the curlewrs call it's a sign of rain.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- 1. A cure for a toothache is to rub mustard behind your ear.
2. A man that never saw his father has the cure of the dirty mouth.
3. To cure measles boil nettles and drink the water.
4. A cure for hiccough is to swallow your spit three times without drawing your breath.
5. The cure for a sprain is a little piece of goose grease, sometimes called ''goosesame''
6. The cure for chillblains is to rub a piece of an onion on them.
7. If you pointed a gooseberry thorn on a stye it would cure it.
8. If you got milk that a ferret had licked it would cure whooping cough.
9. A cure for a wart is to rub a snail on it and then hang the snail on a bush.(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.