Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
1. When the smoke from a chimney goes up straight that is the sign of frost.
2. When there is a blue flame in the fire that is the sign of rain.
3. When a cat lies with its back to the fire that is the sign of a storm.
4. When a dog eats grass that is the sign of rain.
5. When the sky is red in the morning that is the sign of rain.
6. When the sky is red in the evening that is the sign of good weather.
7. When there is a rainbow in the sky that is the sign of bad weather.
8. When there are small clouds in the sign of rain.
10. When the sky is dark that is the sign of a thunderstorm.
11. When the midges swarm round you that is the sign of rain.
12. Of rainbow in the morning is the shepherd's warning, and a rainbow at night is the shepherd's delight.
13. When the moon lies on its back that is a sign of good weather.(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.