Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)Get a thick rod and a whang. Tie the whang to the rod with a piece of twine of a wax end, and a whip is made.
Mr J McCartney,
Co.CavanTranscribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
1. Long ago bread was only made twice a week.
2. Bread was made from corn and wheat frown locally.
3. On good Friday people eat hot cross buns, and on the top of each bun they put a cross, because that was the day Jesus was crucified.
4. Boxty bread is made for hallow Eve night.
5. Long ago people used to get flour, and mix it in water and cook it this bread is called unleavened bread.
6. The different kinds of bread are Boxty Bread, Potato bread, oat bread and wheaten bread(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.