in the townland of Wilkinstown on the left-hand side of the old lane-way leading to the district called Ballaleck.
School: Wilkinstown (roll number 1917)
On this page
There is scarcely a parish in Meath that has not historical associations and our own district is no exception. One of the interesting places in the village of Wilkinstown where we live is known as the Bishop's field.
The part now known by this name consists of a small triangular field running along the railroad. In former times there was one very large field there but when the road was made it cut it into two parts and the laying of the railway line again divided it, leaving this corner cut off from the rest of the farm. The old name remained on this triangle and