School: Holy Faith Convent, Kilcoole

Kilcoole, Co. Wicklow
Sr M. Eithne
The Schools’ Collection, Volume 0928, Page 015

Archival Reference

The Schools’ Collection, Volume 0928, Page 015

Image and data © National Folklore Collection, UCD.

See copyright details.


Open data

Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)

  1. XML School: Holy Faith Convent, Kilcoole
  2. XML Page 015
  3. XML “Old Graveyards”

Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.

On this page

  1. Old Graveyards.
    The old church in Kilcool (Lott Lane) was built in 1002 by Saint Comgall. It was afterwards the Parish Church and the name of it was Saint Lughaidh. Mass was celebrated in it in 1349. There were four chapels belonging to the Parish at that time. Kilfernock, Kilpedder Kilpatrick and Ballyennah now called Ballygannon Mass was celebrated in all these chapels in 1349.
    Have not found out where Kilfernock and Kilpatrick were situated. In Kilpedder nearer to Kilquade are the ruins of the old church and the Holy water font of stone inside the gate. Down Ballygannon in Brien's field
    (continues on next page)
    Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
    1. objects
      1. man-made structures
        1. historical and commemorative structures (~6,794)
          1. graveyards (~2,501)