Scoil: Naomh Eoin, Cill Choinnigh (uimhir rolla 1301)

Suíomh:
Cill Chainnigh, Co. Chill Chainnigh
Múinteoir:
Bráthair Tomás Mac Binéid

Scag na scéalta

Taifeach: Íseal | Ard
Place Names

Tagairt Chartlainne

Bailiúchán na Scol, Imleabhar 0856, Leathanach 202

Íomhá agus sonraí © Cnuasach Bhéaloideas Éireann, UCD. Féach sonraí cóipchirt »

Ar an leathanach seo

Place Names
The Parish of St. John gets its name from St. John the Evangelist. There is no tradition to show how it got this name. The outlying districts are Dunmore and Johnswell. Dunmore is noted for its caves which are supposed to be connected by underground passages with The Tholsel and Castle. Others say there is an underground passage to the Black Abbey.
Townlands
Aughemolog (Achadh Moling), Leyrath, Lavistown, Leggetsrath, Middle Knock and Windgap are on the Dublin Road. Inch and Loughnamon (loch na mban) are on the Sion Road.
Cellarstown and Altymount are on the Hebron Road.
Ballybough, Garrycrion, Greenridge, Killeen, Brownstown, Coolbricken, Kingsland, New Orchard, New Park, are on the Johnswell Road. Newtown, Kylerue (Coill Ruadh) Corrigeen, Kilkieran, Grove, Bonnettsrath,

(leanann ar an chéad leathanach eile)
Teanga
Béarla
Suíomh
Cill Chainnigh