Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- The Dalys originally came from Carnakelly. Traces of their castle are visible there today. AT this time they owned the Manor ofLaragh (a townland about two miles from the school) They had a castle here also but no trace of it is to be seen. One of them built a castle in Killimor in the neighbourhood of Laragh. The remains of this castle are still visible and it is from one of these Dalys of Killimor that the parish gets its name. Diarmuid O'Daly of Killimor was born about the year 1640 because(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.