There are three churchyards in the district, barle Na Smála, Cill Comán, and bearna Carroll. All these are still in use.
Barle Na Smála slopes to the south. Around the entrance there are trees growing. All the old monuments are flag stones and these are a few dates of them 11 March 1728, 9th Jan.1776, 22 August 1816. Wood and iron crosses are very common in the yard. Unbaptized children were buried at the back of the mill. This was called the Auxiliary.
There are a few graves in the ruined church. Some people go to graveyards even though it is farther than the parish one, because their ancestors were buried there.
- R. Moran
- Claremorris, Co. Mayo