Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)(9) If the cock crows before twelve o'clock at night it is unlucky.
(10) When you are finished milking a cow you should make the sign of the cross with the froth of the milk on the cows back.
(11) If you dream of your teeth falling out you will soon fall out with a friend.
(12) If you turn a penny in fronth of a new moon you will have more money before you see the next new moon.
(13) It is not lucky to see a new moon out through glass.
(14) If you find a horse-shoe on the road it is lucky.
(15) If ever you see a white moth flying round a light you will get a letter the next morning.
(16) It is not lucky to cut a lone tree as it is said the fairies will put a curse on you.
(17) If you keep blessed ashes in the house it never will be burned.
(18) Some people put an iron belonging to a plough near a nest where(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.