Líon iontrálacha sa taifead staire: 1
ball sinsearach (stair)
7. Long ago when there was a corpse in the house, the people used to take down all the mirrors that were in the room.
8. Long ago when there was a coffin in the room, they said that it was bad luck for anyone to kick the threshold when going out of the room.
9. They say it is right to throw the holy water bottle into the grave, when they are finished with it.
10. The people say that there was a blessing in the house where the kitchen was high and the room lower.
Katie Reilly. 13/12/37
From- John Reilly Killamanagh. 61.1. The old people say that if a person dies on Monday, it is not right to put out the sweeping of the floor.
2. They say that it is right to have a grain of salt in your pocket when going to a wake.
3. Not to sit between two doors when you go into a wake.
4. The old people say it is not right to go to a wake alone by yourself at night.