Líon iontrálacha sa taifead staire: 1
ball sinsearach (stair)
Inch castle is situated on Inch Island beside Lough Swilly. It was built in the year 143 [?] by the ODoherty's.
The castle walls were built with huge stone boulders.The mortar used was mixed with the blood of oxen so that it could bear the brunt of war and weather. All around its walls there were holes which were always manned by snipers in the time of seiges.
In the year 1454 Rury ODonnell ordered the castle to be burned. Donnell ODonnell was tied in the castle. Rury took pity on him and ordered his release. Rury was